Saturday, February 16, 2008

Street Style from New York

I loved going through all the street style pics that Scott from The Sartorialist posted on Style.com from New York Fashion Week. Because I get so much inspiration from other people and street style blogs. I piled together a few trends the amazing fashion people was working at the shows, so here you go...

At first, I loved all the pants. The girl on left is wearing amazing mustard cropped pants (and cropped pants are going to be a hit for summer). Mustard goes really well with navy and the light brown shoes. I thought the beige pants are the perfect style, not too baggy and not that tight. Love the pants on right worn with sky high heels.

Bright, eye-catching shoes make a big statement, especially if the outfit is simple or all black. The girl to left is wearing open sandals with kind of casual pants, and I think each balances the other out.

I love chunky scarves. It's especially necessary if you're wearing a mini skirt and thin tights.

The strong blue colours are instant outfit fixers. Coloured scarves are such an easy way of letting colours into the outfit without overdoing it.

Biker jackets. They can be worn casual or with a dress to toughen up a feminine outfit.

At last is fur, which I personally love the most on the girl to left. I think that if the fur is bit chunky, a vest is more suitable than a full coat.


Photo credits style.com

18 comments:

NonchalantMod said...

i also loved the pictures he posted and has been posting

-and you included some of my favourites !!-

they are all very inspirational though.

Ana said...

i love the mustard color

Iñaki said...

I, too, get loads of inspiration from the people that I see on the streets plus all those from the Sartorialist and other blogs like it.
You're so right about the first look with the mustard trausers! The color combination is pretty genious. Also, I love the fur vest, it looks so amazing over the tight dress!

xx

SICK. said...

i love this post !
:]
i adore streetstyle, & this is no exception.

x.
jh

Secretista said...

These pictures make me happy to be a new york/jersey native.

-S said...

great inspiration!

Jill said...

I love all the outfits with the pops of colour, like the vibrant shoes or the mustard pants.

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

Love the girl with the yellow shoes, how funky!!

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

NY style is one of the best I've ever seen. Lovely pics, and lovely accesories too!

Weekly Blogette said...

stret style is very inspirational, and these photos rock!
p.s.check out the new post!

The Stylish Wanderer said...

I love chunky shoes. Although I never wear them.

riz said...

How fabulous is that fur??!! i love how it is draped/arranged...

sierra said...

Beautiful inspiration.

alluretone said...

leigh looks so mysterious/evil. i loveee it.

Mónica said...

I love colour scarves, especially that violet

hannah said...

gorgeous, i love them all. the sartorialist knows great style, and so do you. i love your blog.

peace

Carolina Lange said...

I love those biquer jackets!!!!
Great blog!

Fashionista said...

I'm loving all the posts on his blog.

They're giving me so mcuh style inspiration I don't think my bank balance is going to like it.

Didn't actually see these pics so pleased you posted them. I'm loving the statement shoes. Even though its cold outside it doesn't mean you can't make a statement. What better way than with bright shoes.

The chunky scarfs were cute and the cropped trousers too. Can't wait to get mine